THANK YOU! 2024 Fundraising Completed - $2095 / $2000 CDN for the year, June/July Renewal. Paypal Donation Link US dollars

INFECTED! Signups closed. Game started in new thread.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Sean, Minister of KtSP

Re: INFECTED! [ver 2.0] Still need five more.

Post by Sean, Minister of KtSP »

Bad idea scratched.
Last edited by Sean, Minister of KtSP on Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sweet dreams, Mr. Stiffly."
"I have told you, my name is not... ... ...Sweet dreams, Monster-san."
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Re: INFECTED! [ver 2.0] Still need five more.

Semaj wrote:OK 12 people...

Evil Powers
Mutant 1 -
Mutant 2 -

THE SOURCE VECTOR TEAM [Evil Team 2]
Patient Zero - INfects someone every night, they come up dirty if scanned.
Infected Pet -

Good Powers
Doctor
Nurse -
Med Tech 1
Med Tech 2

So... 4 bad guys and 1 of them can be _anyone_ but the other bad guy and the doctor.
And after a day or two, we lose the ability to tell if our kills are anyone good, so we are more or less lynching blind.

1/3rd of the game is evil (although they fight each other... ) worst case scenario.

Night 1, 2 people are converted, for funzies we will say both masons, Nurse is the Pateint 0.
Good: 8, Bad 4
Miss... night kill is seer, no bad guys die.
Good: 6, Bad 4, 1 good looks bad.
Miss again..possibly infected guy, Night kill, another good guy looks bad
Good: 4, Bad 4, 1-2 good looks bad

interesting...

At least the bad guys have been toned down or this game would be downright vicious.
Okay, but when it gets to this point, it's not Good 4 v Evil 4, it's Good 4 v Evil 2 v Evil 2, and both evil teams can't win, and don't win together.
Unagi

Re: INFECTED! [ver 2.0] Still need four to six more.

Post by Unagi »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I've got a big head and little arms.

I'm in.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote:Image
I love that movie!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

In
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

in
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Brendan

Re: INFECTED! [ver 2.0] Still need one to three more.

Post by Brendan »

I'll do it.
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Re: INFECTED! Anybody else interested?

Unagi, are you in? Or does your cartoon t-rex mean you can get into it just yet?
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Re: INFECTED! Signup (more welcome). Game coming in new thread.

I"m mulling over a slight modification in the Patient Zero team rules, and I'm working this afternoon and evening, but I'll put up the game thread and hand out roles tonight. I'm leaving signups open until then.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:Unagi, are you in? Or does your cartoon t-rex mean you can get into it just yet?
Sure, sign me up.

My cartoon t-rex was actually meant in good humor - the line that comes right after the quote Isgrimnur shared is:
T-rex to Bowler Hat Guy wrote:I'm just not sure how well this plan was thought through.
:D :wink:

(I haven't read the rules yet at all, as I was waiting for the dust to settle (and I've been real busy, and couldn't afford the time to help with much input)
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:My cartoon t-rex was actually meant in good humor - the line that comes right after the quote Isgrimnur shared is:
T-rex to Bowler Hat Guy wrote:I'm just not sure how well this plan was thought through.
I loved that movie and lmao each time that line was said. But you have to use the whole quote to get the full impact:

Bowler Hat Guy: What's going on? Why aren't you seizing the boy?

T-Rex: 'Cause I have a big head and little arms, and I'm just not sure how well this plan was thought through.

:lol: :lol:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I'll find the time. I'm in.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:I loved that movie and lmao each time that line was said. But you have to use the whole quote to get the full impact:
Bowler Hat Guy: What's going on? Why aren't you seizing the boy?
T-Rex: 'Cause I have a big head and little arms, and I'm just not sure how well this plan was thought through.

:lol: :lol:
:D
Also:
Bowler Hat Guy: Ha ha ha! There he is--that repulsive, half-witted fool! Now, my slave, seize the boy! Bring him to me.
[Frankie gulps]
Bowler Hat Guy: Did you not hear what I said, you idiot? Grab the boy and bring him!
Frankie: [monotone] Well, it's just that there's a million people over there, and I have little arms. I'm just not so sure how well this plan was thought through.
[Bowler Hat Guy whimpers silently]
Frankie: [monotone] Master?
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Unagi wrote:
Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:Unagi, are you in? Or does your cartoon t-rex mean you can get into it just yet?
Sure, sign me up.

My cartoon t-rex was actually meant in good humor - the line that comes right after the quote Isgrimnur shared is:
:D :wink:

(I haven't read the rules yet at all, as I was waiting for the dust to settle (and I've been real busy, and couldn't afford the time to help with much input)
I figured it was a comentary of some sort. :D I haven't seen the movie, but I've seen snippets of that scene (including the "I've got a big head, and little arms" line, which cracks me up).

Hell, this may all crash and burn, but I'm proud of you guys for volunteering to by my first victims.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Is there still room?
Hodor.
Sean, Minister of KtSP

pr0ner wrote:Is there still room?
You bet!
stessier

Post by stessier »

Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:Hell, this may all crash and burn, but I'm proud of you guys for volunteering to by my first victims.
Honestly, I give it a 50/50 chance because of how Patient Zero infects people ad infinitum. But I never played in the original Thing game, so I'm not smart enough to know to stay away. :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Sean, Minister of KtSP

stessier wrote:
Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:Hell, this may all crash and burn, but I'm proud of you guys for volunteering to by my first victims.
Honestly, I give it a 50/50 chance because of how Patient Zero infects people ad infinitum. But I never played in the original Thing game, so I'm not smart enough to know to stay away. :)
I haven't had a chance to read the Thing game Kraegor linked to yet, but I think it will still work in this case (though your 50/50 odds may be right :wink: ) -- Patient Zero only infects one person a night. Other than his pet, they don't actually join his team. And he doesn't win by equaling or outnumbering the Good, he has to infect everybody (everybody left alive), and find a way to get the Doctor and Mutant 1 killed.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Sean, Minister of KtSP wrote:
stessier wrote:
I haven't had a chance to read the Thing game Kraegor linked to yet, but I think it will still work in this case (though your 50/50 odds may be right :wink: ) -- Patient Zero only infects one person a night. Other than his pet, they don't actually join his team. And he doesn't win by equaling or outnumbering the Good, he has to infect everybody (everybody left alive), and find a way to get the Doctor and Mutant 1 killed.
I understand that, but an infected person lynches as INFECTED. Hence, the Citizens won't trust anything he said on the off chance that he is Patient Zero. Without the ability to make that distinction, the Good Guys are in for a wolrd of pain.

I'm betting I pull an evil role, though, so I'm good with it. ;)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

The Thing game devolved into those of us who were evil trying to see how long we could go with Kraegor naming all of us yet never converting him just to torture him. :twisted:

Made me feel better as it followed relatively close on the heals of Remuscide. :oops:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote:The Thing game devolved into those of us who were evil trying to see how long we could go with Kraegor naming all of us yet never converting him just to torture him. :twisted:

Made me feel better as it followed relatively close on the heals of Remuscide. :oops:
I think in that game I was Patient Zero and I think I promptly died on night one. I'm actually glad I didn't last long. That game just kept going.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:The Thing game devolved into those of us who were evil trying to see how long we could go with Kraegor naming all of us yet never converting him just to torture him. :twisted:

I think in that game I was Patient Zero and I think I promptly died on night one. I'm actually glad I didn't last long. That game just kept going.
That's what made the toture of Kraegor so wonderful. It went on for months. The entire time he kept calling out the correct people to kill and we kept not infecting him and not letting him get us tested. Worked great. :lol:
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Sean i would seriously think about setting up boards for the evil team (s) to play on. Makes it a lot more interesting post-game and also makes communication that much easier for the team mates. I am sure if you ask Lassr or Austin or anyone here they can guide you on where to go to set one up.

Also, might think about a "spoiler" board so the dead folks can go and kibbitz.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Newcastle wrote:Sean i would seriously think about setting up boards for the evil team (s) to play on. Makes it a lot more interesting post-game and also makes communication that much easier for the team mates. I am sure if you ask Lassr or Austin or anyone here they can guide you on where to go to set one up.

Also, might think about a "spoiler" board so the dead folks can go and kibbitz.
If you do setup a spoiler board, most times there are two threads - a non-spoiler thread for those dead folks who still want to be surprised and a spoiler thread.
Sean, Minister of KtSP

Funny, I was just about to ask about that.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I've used freeforums.org
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:I've used freeforums.org
that's what I use.

http://www.freeforums.org/

Finding all the admin settings you want in the control panel can be a challenge at first.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter